[Evolution] DATA termination response error: Service not available, closing transmission

When I try to send messages, I often, but not always, get this error and the message is not sent:
DATA termination response error: Service not available, closing transmission channel

I'm running Evolution 1.4.5 on a machine I just loaded SuSE 8.2 on.  Here's a trace I took using this command:
env CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution >& /tmp/camel.out

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brad McNeely