[Evolution] Replying: Two lines before original message

In 1.4.x (I think the last I used was 1.4.4), when I would reply to a
message, there would be two lines before the original message, on the
first of which I would begin my reply.

Since upgrading to 1.5, I haven't seen this.  I tried making a signature
to automagically add before my message (a trick I used in Outlook XP),
but the signatures add at the very end of the message... understandably.

Why was this removed?  Assuming the answer is good, my second question
would be, "How can I have similar behaviour?"  If the answer is bad,
I'll ask instead, "Can you bring it back?"

Thanks.