Re: [Evolution] Is it just me?

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 18:47, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
[...]
I'm at present refusing 2-3 per day *claiming* to be from this list (my
Postfix logs say so). The reason's long and involved, but I can't
readily check whether this is "backscatter" (Wietse Venema word for
false MAIL FROM:s) or whether they really do come from the Evo list.
[...]

I have received several messages containing attachments from this list
with Austin Gonyou's e-mail address as the sender's address.

I have been trying to write a rule to catch these but have so far been
unsuccesful (I have a pop3 account so I can't reject them).  I have
noticed that all faked messages contain a received header containing:
"skeptopotamus.ximian.com" while none of the messages Austin wrote
contain this header.

I tried a rule that looks for Austin's e-mail address and this specific
header but I must be doing something wrong.  Can anybody explain how
this must be specified?

Perhaps these kind of checks can be run at the mailing list server?

TIA
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens linux be>   Linux User #349737 #
# SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586)     kernel 2.4.20-4GB      i686     256MB RAM #