[Fwd: Re: [Evolution] RE: msg crashes evolution]

Forwarding to the list, as the reply seems not to be intended personal
only.

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:08:50 +0200
guenther <guenther rudersport de> wrote:

I received the very same message from the SA mailing list. No problem
here, displays fine. Attached are the differences between your and my
copy of the message.

The only disturbing difference is the bogus ">" char before the "From"
in the first line.

That is interesting.  I am not seeing the ">" character before the "From" in the first line.  Here is output
from the file that I attached:

[amoore sws602 amoore]$ head -1 crash-evo.msg
From bharrington atlantech net Wed Mar 31 10:00:02 2004
[amoore sws602 amoore]$

So I do not know where the ">" character came from.

..
Evo never crashed for me during my tests.

I had some gnome library updates today and wonder if that messed something up.

How are you getting mails? What software is involved in that process?
Where does that char come from?

fetchmail from POP3 ISP accounts, to sendmail which does virus check with procmail for spamassassin check and
delivery.  At this point, some mailing lists are not sent through spamassassin, but forwarded to another
server running sendmail and maildrop for delivery into maildir.  Dovecot is the imap server for that maildir.
 Evolution is one of the forwarded mailing lists.  As you can see, I have too many pieces which I plan to
trim down very soon.  Ordered a new Sun V210 server this morning, so maybe in a few weeks I can make this
process simpler.

I have not had any issues with this fairly recent Evolution install before today.  After I sent the msg to
the mailing list, I had another message that crashed Evolution.  So I went back to old reliable SylpheedClaws
for now.

I am very puzzled and not sure what to do.

Thanks, Alex

--- End Message ---