Re: [Evolution] Setting the "from address" in evolution?

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 08:08, Not Zed wrote:
Uh, so you want to send real mail, but with forged headers with a fake
from address?

Just set the from address in your account/make up a new one, that goes
nowhere.  The net result will be the same, a mail that people wont be
able to reply to.

I can see that going down 'well' on public lists.

You're missing the point *entirely*.

The idea is not to fake headers, the idea is being able to use a
different address for each mailing list, etc. I subscribe to several,
and I use a different address for each. If I get spam to one of them I
know where they got my address from, and I can easily bounce messages to
that address.

On most MUA's you can set your From address to whatever you like, you
can configure it when you create an account, so why shouldn't you be
able to configure it on-the-go when composing a message?

--
-jamie <jamie silverdream org> | spamtrap: spam silverdream org
 w: http://www.silverdream.org | p: sms silverdream org