Re: [Evolution] Minor problem with fonts

Try running the gnome-session-properties crapplet, and see if you can
enable the gnome-settings daemon to run all the time.  Or perhaps you
need to run gnome-save-session (actually maybe its gnome-session --save
or something, i'm really stabbing into the dark here, but i know its
something along those lines).

I dont really know what kde does, but if it does "x session management"
properly, it should also be able to start the gtk+ session managed apps
too, such as the gnome-settings-daemon (if they also, indeed, do "x
session management" properly, which afaik they do). (personally I think
having to have a session managed daemon to set your preferences is about
as insane as things get ... in my dev enivornment no session managed
apps (will) run, so i get the joy of running default gnome/gtk settings
for everything, and they kinda suck).

 Michael