Re: [Evolution] Minor problem with fonts

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 10:39, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 09:00 -0400, Adolfo Bello wrote:
I don't know if this is the right list to post this problem. I already
posted to one of Mandrake lists but got no answer. I am using KDE under
Mandrake 10, kernel 2.6.3.

A few days ago my laptop was shutdown improperly (a power lost). After
that, every time X is started the fonts in Evolution, Mozilla and some
other applications are pretty small, let's say something like 6/7
points.

After googling for a solution I found out that starting
"gnome-control-center" and double clicking on Fonts everything was back
to normal. Further research pointed to gnome-settings-daemon as being
the program to run to get the fonts looking nice.

This is not a major problem because my computer stays up and running
after I start it in the morning but, is there any way to avoid the
gnome-control-center step?

-> cat ~/.kde/Autostart/gsd.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=gnome-settings-daemon
Exec=gnome-settings-daemon --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon
Terminal=false
Type=Application

It worked!!

Thanks a lot.