Re: [Evolution] To: field dropdown steals focus from compose window

tor, 25.03.2004 kl. 16.05 skrev Norman P. B. Joseph:

I filed this with Bugzilla on 7 Jul '03 as bug #45931.  Reviewing it now
I see you added your comments to it back then.  If you check this bug
again you'll see there has yet to be any response from anyone at
Ximian.  I've about given up on it and am now, reluctantly, avoiding
address completion as I never know when I'll be forced to switch out to
a tty and kill evolution when this happens.  We must be the only two
Evolution users who are seeing this problem as I can't seem to get any
traction with the developers.

RH RHEL3 here, Evo 1.4.5. I don't have this problem; if I had, I
wouldn't be using Evo at all. RedHat seems to be doing its own things
with Ximian stuff, since I never (well, apart from sometimes) get
trouble with the RedHat Evo. If I did, I'd be running something else as
an OS, like I did last time.

The thing is: There doesn't seem to be that many Ximian developers on
full time. Those that there are are busy developing new stuff. Bugs on
old stuff are old hat.

Now that Novell has taken over Ximian, maybe Evo will be better funded
and start employing thousands of talented (mainly *young* and
inexpensive developers :) Novell *could* take over the
Exchange/Domino/GroupWise market, given SuSE's punch. But in the mean
time, complaining to your OS vendor, rather than Ximian, might help ;)

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl