Re: [Evolution] Re: contacts and mailmerge

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 21:23, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 19:06 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Cc:ing evolution ximian com because I don't know all the answers...

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 18:23, Joep Blom wrote:
Sir,
I have now worked with evolution 1.4 for several weeks and thanks to
your answers I start liking it more and more. It is one of the best
programs I have encountered with respect to userfriendliness and ease of
use. Of course you also wants more.  I therafore wonder if there is a
possibility to use the contacts in the mailmerge facilities of for
example OpenOffice Word (or it's Sun's version) of

I'm not sure what mailmerge is, I'm not overly familiar with OpenOffice
and the like beyond the simple stuff like writing simple text documents
(I'm not much of a "power user")

Jeff! Mate!  Mailmerge is as old as the hills, even my C=64 word
processors did it.  Its where you put custom fields into a form letter
based on a database, thus generating 'n' targetted letters.

heh. okay, so I've just been living under a rock! seriously tho, I've
never used such a feature so I had no idea what it did. The extent of my
word processing was "double space" and margins which all my college
professors were picky about.

hnmmm, wonder if AppleWorks for the Apple//c had this feature.
Basically, I was using AppleWorks until college when I switched to using
Microsoft Word for a year or 2. After that I haven't written much of
anything in Word Processors...

Anyway this is a question for open office people.  oo might do it, i
doubt staroffice would talk directly to evo.

yea, ask the OOo people.

Jeff