Re: [Evolution] Re: contacts and mailmerge

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 16:06, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Cc:ing evolution ximian com because I don't know all the answers...

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 18:23, Joep Blom wrote:
Sir,
I have now worked with evolution 1.4 for several weeks and thanks to
your answers I start liking it more and more. It is one of the best
programs I have encountered with respect to userfriendliness and ease of
use. Of course you also wants more.  I therafore wonder if there is a
possibility to use the contacts in the mailmerge facilities of for
example OpenOffice Word (or it's Sun's version) of

I'm not sure what mailmerge is, I'm not overly familiar with OpenOffice
and the like beyond the simple stuff like writing simple text documents
(I'm not much of a "power user")

Yes, it does work with OpenOffice.org. I use my Evo contacts to populate
client invoices with the address information.

Create a new Data Source of type Address Book - Evo is one of the
supported address book types. Works like a charm.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support