Re: [Evolution] Backing up.

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 01:05, J. Kelley Jernigan wrote:

I tried a program called either gzip or Ark ( whichever one Konqueror
uses when you right click on a folder and select Zip this directory
under Actions) and it messed it all up.

I had to create a new Evolution session and import all those files. UGH!

Well the solutions provided were command-line solutions because that's
what is simplest. If you want some kind of graphical backup application
then I guess you'll have to ask elsewhere. It is very simple using the
command line. The most important thing is to remember to fully shutdown
evolution before backing up and before restoring by issuing the command
"evolution --force-shutdown".

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com