Re: [Evolution] Backing up.

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 01:04, J. Kelley Jernigan wrote:
BTW, exactly what format would this command take to tar the folder?
Please excuse the dumb questions but there is so much I don't know about
Linux.

I don't think I understand the question. What do you mean by "what
format"? tar is a command which takes a bunch of files and puts them in
a single archive file whilst preserving their file attributes.

I tried just burning the folder to a CD-ROM but that didn't work.

What didn't work? Your questions aren't "dumb" but they are a bit
unspecific.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com