Re: [Evolution] No way yet to make maildir default format ?

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 10:14, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Can this be done yet?

no. in fact, 1.5 doesn't allow you to change the default folders away
from mbox format anymore because the on-disk tree structure of the
folders changed which makes it harder to do.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't maildir a more efficient
format for alot of users? Why take that choice away?

This makes searching for individual emails with tools like grep

If so, how?
If not, why?

Probably a combination of the following:

- never got around to it
- not enough users cared
There seemed to a bunch of interest in the archives.
- no one submitted a patch
Isn't that what you do?

It seems that the more you folks try to emulate Outlook, the more your
attitude becomes like theirs also. What's next, proprietary mailbox
I thought I had found a mailer I could stick with for awhile. Let the
search begin again.
John (Representing the Mambo)