Re: [Evolution] No way yet to make maildir default format ?

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 10:14, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Can this be done yet?

no. in fact, 1.5 doesn't allow you to change the default folders away
from mbox format anymore because the on-disk tree structure of the
folders changed which makes it harder to do.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't maildir a more efficient
format for alot of users? Why take that choice away?

This makes searching for individual emails with tools like grep
impossible.

If so, how?
If not, why?

Probably a combination of the following:

- never got around to it
huh
- not enough users cared
There seemed to a bunch of interest in the archives.
- no one submitted a patch
Isn't that what you do?

Jeff
It seems that the more you folks try to emulate Outlook, the more your
attitude becomes like theirs also. What's next, proprietary mailbox
format?
I thought I had found a mailer I could stick with for awhile. Let the
search begin again.
John (Representing the Mambo)