Re: [Evolution] Evolution/IMAP recommendation?

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:48, Joe Mahoney wrote:
Hello all

Any opinions on which IMAP server works best with Evolution? I'll be
retiring my works ancient IMail box soon and I have the luxury of
picking the server software to suit my mail client.

I've seen a lot of examples of shitty IMAP servers causing problems with
Evo on this list so if anyone (especially Jeff or Not Zed) have a
preferred server, please let me know.

I recently upgraded my server distro (Mitel SME Server 5.6 to 6.0),
which included a change from UW-IMAP (using Maildir) to Dovecot. This
cured a problem which had been a killer for me - Evo couldn't/wouldn't
show new messages in folders other than the Inbox, and as I make use of
Procmail on my server to filter mail into the subfolders, this was not a
good thing (TM)... Dovecot works a treat, however, and I'm very happy
with Evo (and about to try 1.5, as I'm interested in having my
appointments on the server side).

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support