Re: [OT] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Evolution] read receipt function in evo]

My impession is that mailers ask if you want to send the return-reciept or not, so you do have control over whether it's sent.

Return-reciept is in the list of things we want to get implemented, but it's not there yet. It was not considered as important as S/MIME, desktop integration, and other features. It'll get there, just not quite as soon as might be desired. That's unfortunate, but it's one of the tradeoffs that developers and ISVs have to make every day, and I'm sure that as a human being, and especially as a business person, you are familiar with similar unpleasant decisions: which room in the newly remodeled building will be insulated before winter? Should we be late with the Andersen or the Jones proposal? Should I do a better job on my calculus exam or my English paper?

At any rate, both "meaningful" support and extra features are available, but they are not free: you can pay for support, (see Novell.com for information on maintenance programs, which include free upgrades and a variety of service levels) and you can hire someone to implement the feature you want. I believe the Evolution Bounty Hunt has worked reasonably well as a framework for "encouragement" of open source development, and there may even be a bounty on the reciept figure already.

a.