Re: [Evolution] Red-Carpet update breaks Printing

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 11:16 -0600, Saurabh Barve wrote:
Hi,

I use Evolution 1.4.6 as my e-mail agent. I am running Red hat Linux 9
(Shrike) as my OS. I recently updated my system using Red-Carpet. Among
other things, Red-Carpet updated libgnomeprint as well. However, after I
had upgraded my system, I couldn't see any of my installed printers in
Evolutionl. In the printing menu, I get only two options - print to a
Generic Printer printer, and create a PDF file.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I don't have an answer for you, but...

I also have a problem with printing from Evolution, which started quite
a while ago when I updated Evo 1.4.x using Red Carpet, and which has
persisted through an upgrade to Evo 1.5.9.

If I printed, nothing would happen, and if I printed to a PDF file, and
tried to print it from say, xpdf, nothing would happen. Someone else
with a similar problem noticed that the default page size was set to A4
and changing it to US Letter would allow printing. I've been on a search
ever since for the trick to set the DEFAULT to US Letter. The Gnome
print code seems to get those setting from CUPS and all of my printers
were set to have US Letter as the default page size.  I was advised to
purse this on the gnome print mailing list, but never got an answer
there.

What I never noticed until you just mentioned it was that I too only can
select generic postscript printer and pdf file in the print dialog. So I
guess if I could figure out where the default page size was held for
this mythical default postscript printer I could set it to US letter.