[Evolution] XD2 libgnomevfs2-devel package missing libgnomevfs-2.la file.

Hello list,

I'm currently trying to compile and install a gnome application and during compile I get the following error:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/opt/gnome2/lib/libgnomevfs-2.la'
make[2]: *** [totem] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/stuff/downloads/linux/tarball/xine/totem-0.99.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/stuff/downloads/linux/tarball/xine/totem-0.99.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I've searched all around my computer and can't find the file libgnomevfs-2.la. I *can* find a libgnomevfs-2.a file and a .so file w/the same name. However, the .la file is missing. I have the libgnomevfs2-devel package installed and I am wondering where I can acquire this .la file that I need to compile this application.

Please note, this isn't the first Gnome app I've tried to compile that has errored out because this file is missing. Any pointers are appreciated, thanks in advance.