[Evolution] Absolute paths in Evolution settings..

I am using Evolution 1.2.2 on RH9. Recently I had to transfer evolution
files from one directory to another...(had to change a userÂs home
directory) and found that it broke all his evolution settings for mail &
contacts and most importantly his filters.

The paths should have been relative to $HOME, so that things could work
the same...I mean people do have change of system & relocation of data,
many times prompted by disaster-recovery issues.

Is this problem there in the newer releases? If so, should not this be a
feature request...should not be too big to code.

What do you people say?

Best regards.
Sanjay.