Re: [Evolution] Mail arrival sound

I spent a lot of time trying to reproduce this bug in the past, and
never could reproduce it. I tried configuring my system the same as
users' systems who complained about this. Nada. Still always got sound
to play.

The funny thing is that other users complained that whenever they got a
new message, it would play the sound 20 or 40+ times. I could never
reproduce that nor see how that could possibly happen either.

So as far as I can tell, the Evolution code is/was fine. Likely, the
only way this will ever get fixed (if there truly is a bug?), is for
someone out there that can reproduce this bug, to track it down and send
us a patch. Anything short of that and it's likely to never get fixed.

It's as simple as that.

If I can't reproduce and Michael can't reproduce and QA can't reproduce
and we can't find anything that looks "maybe wrong", then there's no
possible way for us to fix it.

Jeff