Re: [Evolution] Mail arrival sound

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 18:18 -0700, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 16:29 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
> I'm running 1.5.9, and was able to confirm a suspicion I've had for a
> while - on my system (SuSE 9.0, KDE 3.1), I'm only hearing my mail
> arrival sound when a) I'm in the folder where the message is being
> delivered to (sorted via server-side procmail processing dovecot IMAP
> mail) or b) when the message is not sorted and is therefore delivered to
> an IMAP Inbox (I have two IMAP accounts set up on this box).
>
> Can anyone else confirm this - I assume there's not a bug open, as I
> recall Jeff saying it seemed to work for him.

I can confirm that I get sounds from all gnome and kde apps that I run,
except for new mail notification on evolution.  Even clicking on the OK
for a meeting reminder generates a sound, but not new mail.

I have filters turned on for all my IMAP accounts.  This worked fine for
me until I updated to gnome 2.6 - which was a while ago.

I'm running Mandrake Cooker.

I think I'll create a POP account and see if that does mail
notification.
This is a different issue.  No sound from evo at all.  I don't know why, we just call gnome_play_sound.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Novell's Evolution and Free Software Developer