Re: [OT] why no line breaks? Was:Re: [Evolution] title encoding

I dont know.  when i break in the middle of a reply i have to hit delete or manually change the type to 'normal' because of an editor bug.

But its always sent as normal, and the copy i receive from the mailing list always looks fine.

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 20:25 +0200, Jens Ansorg wrote:
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 18:12 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 09:13 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> >
> > For some reason, it seems the subject isn't decoded. Can anyone spot if
> > there's a problem with the syntax, or if it's an Evo bug ? (in which
> > case I'll do a proper bugreport).
> The syntax is wrong.  It looks like the mailer that sent it tried to
> do content quoted-printable line wrapping, which is totally incorrect
> in this context!
>
> The string can't contain any spaces, including linear white space.
> The whole token is supposed to be less than 76 characters  for this
> purpose, so that any folding (wrapping on multiple lines) is outside
> the token boundaries.
>
> >From rfc2047, the relevent rfc, it is pretty clear and quite explicit
> about how the headers should be interpreted.  Subject is a text field.

hi, a bit off topic but I wantet to ask this for ages now ;)

Your posts, Not Zed, often do not behave nicely. The lines do not wrap
and are difficult to read - see Attachement.

Why is that?

Could you try and configure your Evolution to not produce such long
lines? they are really bad to read

thank you
Jens Ansorg
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer