Re: [Evolution] Unable to keep folders expanded

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 11:19 +0100, John Horne wrote:
Hello,

I have recently upgraded myPC from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 2 (evolution
1.4.6). Two problems that I now experience are:

1) When I startup evolution I have to expand all my IMAP subfolders.
Unfortunately I belong to quite a few mailing lists and have created
folders/subfolders for them. With RH9 I simply expanded the foders and
evolution remembered that state each time I started it up. With FC2 I
have to expand them all every time.

only thing I can think of is that evolution can't save state to:

~/evolution/config/storage-set-viewexpanded:default

make sure:

1. ~/evolution/config exists
2. is writable by you
3. ~/evolution/config/storage-set-viewexpanded:default is writable by
you (assuming it exists?)

2) Mail is received on the PC via the dovecot IMAP server (which comes
with FC2). New mail goes into the INBOX folder but doesn't get filtered
out into the folders/subfolders for each mailing list. I have configured
the receiving mail option to filter mail in the INBOX but it seems to be
ignoring this. This used to occur automatically with RH9 which simply
dumped the mail into an mbox file and then filtered it out.

is some other client (or mail check applet) poking that server? all I
can think of is that evolution isn't being told about \Recent messages.

Jeff