Re: [Evolution] title encoding

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 10:35 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:21 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Still, i'm extremely loathe to, since it is a clear breakage of a
pretty simple set of rules from a not-particularly complex rfc.
Seriously, MS should know better, for such a fundamental issue.  We've
had issues with rfc compliance in that code and fixed it, i'm sure
they can too.

Whatever happened to "be strict in what you send and flexible in what
you accept"? (I'm paraphrasing, but that was once the golden rule of the
Internet).

whatever happened to reading the spec?

seriously tho, rfc2047 is pretty clear about how to deal with broken
encoded-words. simply don't decode them... and this is what Evolution
follows.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast