Re: [Evolution] Copy & paste Pictures into New Mail (ala Outlook)

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 11:32 -0700, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 20:29, Not Zed wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 19:09 -0700, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	When using outlook, I can just copy a graph  from Excel and then just
> > paste it into a new message.
> >
> > Using Evolution, can this be done? Or all attachments needs to be files
> > stored/saved somewhere?
> Well, probably not, since excel doesn't run on platforms that
> evolution does.

er.. I beg to differ. Crossover Office + Office XP on mine. It has its
quirks but... Hey. I need the graphing capability of excel Sad to say
but open office just doesn't cut it in the graphing dept.

What about from OpenOffice then? Those runs natively on Linux

depends on what fornmat OpenOffice exports for copy/paste. if it does html, then it will work.

> Depends on the other applications, you can drop attachments from
> some.  I think copy/paste only does text though.

That is not a problem. Though I sometime find it weird why the preview
pane(right click) does not offer you capability to selct copy. Have to
manually press Ctrl-C

silly Windows user, Ctrl-C is for kids! :-)

the reason it's not there is because it's not needed for copy/paste under Unix. Just selecting the text is enough. Once you select the text, it is "marked for copying". Just go to the other window and middle-click and it will just Magically Work (tm).

Isn't X-Windows grand?

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast