Re: [Evolution] Removing attachments from a reply

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 11:42 -0400, David Guertin wrote:
Hi folks,

Someone just sent me an email with two very long text plain files as
attachment. Evolution automatically showed the contents of the
attachments, which I though was kind of cool, and I could hide them by
clicking the green arrow. Nice.

When I replied to the message, however, Evolution automatically included
the entire contents of the plain text attachments in my reply. This
amounted to thousands of lines. Not so nice. I looked in vain for a
place to turn this off, but apparently I didn't look well enough.

Is there a place to turn off attachments in replies?
Not for those types.  Inline enabled, text attachments are treated as body text.

In 1.5 you can just select what you want to reply to and hit reply.  It was also supposed to honour the expand settings you have set, but for various reasons this isn't very technically feasible.
I'm using Evo 1.4.6 with Connector.

Related question #2: I resorted to some very tedious mouse-dragging to
highlight the text and delete it. I have Evo set to use Emacs-style
commands, but the Emacs commands I needed to highlight those thousands
of lines (M-@ M->) did not work. Obviously Evo can't replicate the
entire Emacs command set. So what would be a better way to do this,
besides holding down the LMB while the text scrolls down (slowly) to the
end?

You should be able to start a selection, then goto the scrollbar, then holding shift, continue the selection where you scrolled to.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer