Re: [Evolution] Mark Read/Delete oddity

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 11:01 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

I've noticed that while evo is doing the filtering/junk checking on an
imap source (as indicated by the status bar at the bottom of the screen)
emails being marked as read or deleted are marked correctly but the UI
updates is frozen. When the filtering completes, the UI catches up.

Yeah thats a side-effect of filtering.  We lock updates from reaching
the ui so that you don't get unecessary redraws and the like (like
messages appearing and then dissapearing as they filter away).

Odd. I occasionally see a new message appear in the Inbox and then
disappear again before my very eyes as a filter moves it to another
folder. Once in a while the filter leaves it both places so I get
duplicated messages. The impression is of some kind of race condition
between two processes (or threads) acting on the mailstore at once.

There was some discussion of this a while back which didn't lead
anywhere.

poc