Re: [Evolution] Of Filters, viruses, worms and trojans

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 08:49, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
the linux virus scanners don't scan for linux viruses, they scan for
windows viruses.

Jeff

Now that is an interesting point. I had not considered that the software
may only search for windows viruses. I'm not terribly concerned with
those, but I would at least like to make sure I don't pass any along. I
will have to look into it.

So far my attempts to use the pipe command with return codes have all
failed. Setting it to returns "3" (Virus fragments detected) flags ALL
my incoming mail as viruses...

--
L. Parker
chief cook, bottle washer and sometime sysadmin