[Evolution] Moving evo data tree to another machine...

I know it's perfectly safe to backup ~/evolution and restore it to the
same place without anything breaking. Is the same true for moving an
archive of ~/evolution to a completely different machine?

Obviously the hostname and IP address will be different on the new
machine, whilst for what I'm planning the user name will stay the same
but the user numerical ID will be different.

Can I expect this to work (obviously adjusting settings in evo as
necessary once running) without and hand-editing of stuff first within
the 'new' ~/evolution tree?

(evo 1.4.6 if it makes any difference)

cheers

Jules