Re: [Evolution] read receipt function in evo

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 14:22 +0200, deech wrote:
Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

Do you know if there is a special reason why it's not supported by evo yet?
I mean, a lot of 'big' mail clients support this, like Mozilla-mail,
thunderbird, kmail, a certain out-of-the-windows-look client ;)

Probably none of us see it as very important.  Its an intrusion on
personal privacy, and if you can turn it off, which you would have to be
able to for the reason just mentioned, then it can never actually
guarantee anything anyway.

Its like ringing someones phone to see if they're home.  If they answer
you know they are, but if they don't, it doesn't mean they aren't.

Hi,

Just one more comment from me on this read receipt thing....It might be
more important than you describe and there may be more people wanting this
feature since it is listed as a $500 bountie on gnome.org (see
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Mailer.html#127534 )

we know, we put up the bounty :-)

it takes that much just to get someone interested enough just to think
about implementing it and still no one has bothered :-(

You can imagine I'm hope someone will claim this bountie soon ;)

with the lack of interest that a $500 reward has generated, I wouldn't
expect it anytime soon.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast