[Evolution] iCal Support: Recurrence Totally Broken

Using Evolution 1.5.9 on SUSE Linux 9.1, I created a remote calendar on the
web. The URL is:

http://www.mhsoftware.com/caldemo/iCal/calendar_id/36.ics

This file is a list of recurring events that I have been using to test other
iCal clients. When I display the file in kOrganizer, everything is correct.
The events recur, etc.

Similarly, Mozilla Calendar is mostly correct (events recur, but there are
some other issues).

When using Evolution, the events do not recur. I suspect that it is because
the events have start and end times. The iCal specification is pretty plain
that if an event has a RRULE then the DTSTART and DTEND fields are used to
determine the duration of the event, and the event recurs until the UNTIL
clause of the RRULE is met.

If you think my interpretation of RFC-2445 is wrong, please let me know.

As a side note, the Every Wednesday item displays a time of 7:00PM (for my
time zone) which is correct, but the summary shows the time in GMT.

George Sexton

MH Software, Inc.

Voice: 303 438 9585