Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.4/1.5 broken after upgrade to gnome 2.6.2

hi marian,

On Mo, 2004-07-05 at 15:39 +0200, Marian Eichholz wrote:
Hi,
So I decided to upgrade gal, gtkhtml, (soup) to indicated
new versions and upgrade to:

you can check the necessary dependencies for example by taking a quick
look at their version numbers on the ftp server (there should be easier
ways to find this out but i haven't had enough coffee):
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-devel-snapshot/ and
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-snapshot/.

The Situation changed only slightly.
evolution 1.4 dies with OAFIID activation error, for an

      g_module_open if .../libevolution-addressbook.so ... unknown dl error

could you please post the *exact* output from the terminal?

After all I have a very bad feeling about the GTK+ related
new libraries.

me too. i'm using suse9.0 -  upgrading to gtk2.4 and pango1.4 totally
screwed up my system so that gnome did not start anymore... :-(
i had to downgrade to gtk2.2 and pango1.2.

cheers,
andrej

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!