[Evolution] Evolution =?utf-8?q?=E2=80=93=20disconnected=20or=20connected?= IMAP?

I have installed Linux on my workstation at work to test how well it
integrates in our Windows network â and I need to choose a GUI mail client
with IMAP support to replace MS-Outlook 2000.

Browsing mail folders on the Exchange server over IMAP is quite slow using
Kmail asince it uses âconnected IMAPâ. Does Evolution support disconnected
IMAP â providing better performance browsing large mail folder on a IMAP
server?

Evolution 1.4.6 on SuSE Linux 9.1
talking IMAP with Exchange 5.5

Janus