Re: [Evolution] preferred web browser

Hi,

You can try "gnome-moz-remote" when you set up file handlers in gnome control center.  Alternatively, I use the following custom script to invoke Firebird...

#!/bin/bash

#Try to launch a new window on an existing browser process.
#If it fails, return code will be non-zero, and we will need to start a new one.
/opt/MozillaFirebird/MozillaFirebird -remote "openurl($arg, new-window)"
#
#Now check the return code.
#If non zero, spawn a new mozilla process.

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "No existing Firebird - start a new one on site $arg"
    /opt/MozillaFirebird/MozillaFirebird $arg > /dev/null 2>&1 &
fi

This works pretty well - it's not a very good example of scripting excellence (no arg checking; uses absolute pathnames etc), but I stopped editing when it started working ;-)

Paul