Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.5 problems.

Finally, although it goes and checks for mail as requested, and I can
_see_ it issuing STATUS commands and getting told there's new mail, it's
not highlighting folders in the tree and showing me that there's new
mail there.

Known bug, AFAIK. Mail counts are not updatet ATM.

I noticed this as well, and glad to see it's known about.

I also noticed that (I'm sure this was all covered recently but I just
joined the list) after upgrading from 1.4.5 to 1.5.2 that my folders
weren't imported, nor was my address book.

Nope, this issue was not covered here, as there isn't much discussion
about 1.5.x versions. Please file bugs regarding 1.5.x versions in
http://bugzilla.ximian.com.

Please note: Evolution 1.5.x are *development* versions, currently under
heavy development. They are expected to still have bugs. Do not use
1.5.x versions, unless you do know what you are doing or wanna live on
the dangerous side.

FYI: Both issues are fixed in CVS already, AFAIK. :)

As neither mail nor contacts where imported, did you use this versions
at all for real work? Have you added / changed any data?

If not, just go ahead using 1.4.5, as they are parallel installable. You
will have to re-import your 1.4 data later again.

(I will provide a script to the list to enable importing again.)

Also, noticed that while I had my settings to auto check for mail via
POP3 every 5 minutes, it wouldn't check.  Or at least it didn't show me
it was checking as there was mail but nothing being pulled.

Dunno if this is already known. Feel free to file it in bugzilla.

If you actually have retrieved mails from your POP3 account and want to
import them into stable Evo 1.4.5, you should be able to drag-n-drop the
mbox files to 1.4.x. (Please note, importing mails by drag-n-drop will
delete the file if successful. You might wanna use copies only.)

HTH

...guenther