Re: [Evolution] Behaviour suggestion: after deleting a thread

is hitting '.' any less convenient? I'm not sure your idea is a good
behaviour or not.

Jeff

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 20:51, Andrew Cowie wrote:
Quick recommendation. If you think this should be "straight forward"
then perhaps tell me where to look, and I'll try and code it myself.

Situation:

        Viewing a folder, threaded mode, showing deleted messages, no
        other sort in place.

Use Case:

        I am working through a mailing list.
        I see a thread I don't want to read, so want to delete it.
        I press Ctrl-H to select the thread.
        I press DEL to mark it deleted.

        BUT THEN my cursor is at the top most message (where I selected
        and pressed Ctrl-H originally) - with a whole stack of deleted
        messages I now have to skip past.

        Unhelpful :)

        While I know I can then press ']' to get the next unread
        message, it's a bit inconvenient. So:

Suggestion:

        Would it be possible, following pressing of the DEL button to
        mark the thread deleted, to advance the cursor to the next
        [unread?] message automatically?

        [I note that if deleted messages aren't visible, then the above
        sequence results in the current message cursor just goes away,
        period]

If this is sensible, I would be happy to lodge this as a bug/feature
request. (I've always considered it impolite to do so without the good
feeling of the developers).

AfC
Sydney
--