Re: [Evolution] Keyboard shortcut to change "Message Display"

I use:
<CTRL> + M => Show full headers
<CTRL> + N => Show _N_ormal headers

File / New / Mail Message

Touche, I thought my grep'ing for "\*Control\*n" would be sufficient to
find conflicts but apparently not.

Where is "New Message" defined.  I cannot find a label in the XML files
under the /ui directory.  Just grep'd all of them for control n and the
label name.

Seems, the <placeholder name="ComponentItems"/> (which is most part of
the File / New menu) is evaluated runtime, there is nothing relevant
defined in the XML files.

Interestingly enough, the changing of the headers trumps the new mail
creation (no new message window is formed with my current ui/xml files).

Plain luck. ;)  Seems, the XML files take precedence over the Component
Items placeholder.

Altering the previously posted patch to use <CTRL>+H does not work for
example, as the View / Threaded Message List shortcut can not be
overwritten by it. It probably depends on the order of evaluating the
XML files.

You can really shoot yourself in the foot, like if you were to use
<CTRL> + Q or W for something other than the defaults.  I believe Evo
would end up shutting down.  It may do your action before, but will shut
down so quickly you likely won't notice.  :)

I'm happy with these short cuts.

I was just trying to provide an example of what _may_ happen if you use
the same accel key for two functions.  Although that does not seem to be
the case for my CTRL+n blunder.

Yes, and you are totally right (like the above mentioned shortcut
shows). I just mentioned it to give a more comprehensive example on how
to change those shortcuts.

...guenther