[Evolution] Making the shortcut bar work

Apologies if it's been brought up before, however I did not find
anything in the archives (recently).  I found something from 2000, but
it is very outdated.

I'd like to know if there is a way to get the shortcut bar to "work".  I
have added mail folders to the shortcut bar, but upon closing Evolution
and starting it back up, my shortcuts are gone.  I right click on the
mail folder I wish to add, select "Add to shortcut bar" and it's there.
Then close Evolution, and when I fire it back up, none of what I have
added is there.

I have also seen some issues with the tasks, but have found those to be
known issues.  Don't think they are related.

Currently running Fedora Core 1, on a p3 733.  Evolution version 1.4.5.
Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you,

Adam McNutt