Re: [Evolution] Compiling Evolution / Syncing Palm Devices

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 10:30, Steven P. Auerbach wrote:
I am trying to following the excellent advice of David Desrosiers
(http://howto.pilot-link.org/evosync/index.html) regarding syncing Palm
Devices and Evolution. I successfully created new versions of
pilot-link, gnome-pilot, and gnome-pilot-conduits. I got stuck in
creating a new version of Evolution 1.4.5. The "configure" step errors
out, with the message: "checking for db3 library name... configure:
error: Could not find db3 library". I have googoled this, and found a
patch for configure (apparently from J Katz, at Red Hat). I believe I
applied the patch correctly, but I still get the same error message.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

You need the static version of libdb 3.1.17  Mine is
/usr/lib/libdb-3.1.a

In the evolutio README (look in the top of your evolution build
directory).
       * Berkeley's libdb 3.1.17

          It is important to use *exactly* this version, and not a
          later one, to compile Evolution.  Please check the "Building
          Berkeley DB" section below for more information.

Lonnie