Re: [Evolution] Dynamic SMTP settings

in your situation, I'd probably do something crafty such as the following hack:

1. create 2 accounts (or more, if you have more networks... basically 1 per network)
2. launch gconf-editor and take a look at the /apps/evolution/mail/accounts key and see what the account uids are.
3. write a shell script that will get run whenever your network changes that overwrites the /apps/evolution/mail/default_account gconf key

gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/evolution/mail/default_account "<uid>"

the other way might be to instead of changing uids:

1. create an account
2. edit the account settings to work with one of your network setups
3. use `gconftool-2 --get /apps/evolution/mail/accounts` to dump the contents into a file
4. repeat steps 2 & 3 until all network setups are configured [1]
5. write a shell script that will get run whenever your network changes and have it overwrite the contents of the /apps/evolution/mail/accounts gconf key (note that /apps/evolution/mail/accounts is a list of strings, not a singleton string - so you'll need to use `gconftool-2 --set --list-type string /apps/evolution/mail/accounts <account dump>`)

[1] important!: you need to edit the same account over and over so that the uid is the same among all accounts, if you don't do it this way then you'll need to either: a) manually edit the account file dumps to change the uid to the one specified in /apps/evolution/mail/default_account -or- b) also change the default_account key when you override the accounts key

Jeff