Re: [Evolution] Dynamic SMTP settings

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:42, Sam Hart wrote:
The problem comes when I want to send mail back out. Depending on where
the laptop is, I have to use different SMTP settings. For example, on
COX.net (my home cable modem connection) I have to use COX's SMTP server
(as they block all outbound port 25 connections) and everywhere else I can
use an authenticated SMTP gateway I have set up.

I would change your authenticated SMTP gateway to use a non-standard
port - like 60000 - or something.  Then you set that as your only SMTP -
since that port is not blocked.

Lonnie Borntreger