Re: [Evolution] encrypt a local folder

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 09:10, Donald D Henson wrote:
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:55, Ralph Sanford wrote:
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 10:18, Donald D Henson wrote:
I was tempted to install the crypto filesystem when I installed SuSE
9.0 but it looks very new and I'm always afraid to use really new
stuff. Are you using the crypto file system? Have you experienced any
problems with it?

Don Henson

The SuSE crypto file system is not that new.  I have been using it on
one of my computers since SuSE 7.2 or 7.3.  I have had no problems with
it.  Just remember that the file system encryption is only to reduce the

Is it possible to install a crypto filesystem on an existing machine
(currently using Reiserfs)? If it is possible, can you point me to a
how-to?

Don Henson

I do not know the full answer.  I would suspect that this needs to be
done during the initial format partitioning, as the YAST window shows
the partition to be encrypted as being formatted differently. You will
need to find someone with real knowledge about the subject to advise
you.

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
rsanford telusplanet net   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01