[Evolution] Problem synchronizing with my Palm Pilot

I have noticed that I have problems starting the first synchronization
between Evolution and my Palm. I am using a USB cradle for my WorkPad
c505 (I think it is the same as the m505) running on Debian unstable and
Evolution 1.4.5.

1. I cannot synchronize (no connection on the palm) after a reboot if
Evolution is not running. This is not a big deal, but annoying.

2. Once I open Evolution, I cannot sync (the error is no connection on
the palm). In order to sync, I have to open Tools -> Pilot Settings,
then close the dialog. The next sync does not work (same error, no
connection), but the third and all subsequent syncs work correctly. I
can also sync when Evolution is not running after I get it to sync the
first time.

Is the behavior a feature or a bug? Anyone else have a similar
experience?

Thanks!

--
Mark Phillips
602 524-0376

entities other than the intended recipients prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.