Re: [Evolution] Trouble starting Evolution

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 11:31, Joergen Fogh wrote:
I have just compiled Evolution from CVS.
During compilation I got an error whenever something was linked with
-lgobject-2.0.
I have both CVS and an older version of glib installed, in my
homedir and /usr, respectively. So the linker would try to use both.
I made a small shell script to patch the Makefiles, changing -
lgobject-2.0 into /home/joergen/compile/gnome/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.
So now everything compiles.

You should never need to hand patch the Makefile. What error are you
getting when linking?

"undefined reference to `g_value_take_object'" and lots of other
undefined references.
Come to think of it, I should have just patched gobject-2.0.pc
instead...

Sounds like you had mismatched glib versions.  Were you exporting
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to /home/joergen/compile/gnome (or using
jhbuild)?

Anyways, I solved the real problem with getting it to run.
I had forgotten to add the searchpath to /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-
activation-config.xml.

Ok.

-JP
--