Re: Fwd: Re: [Evolution] address autocomplete broken in my 1.4.5 build

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 13:51, guenther wrote:
1 - address autocomplete works if I create a new
'test' user and start evolution from scratch.

2 - if I move my own  ~/evolution directory to
~/oldevolution, or ~/crap , and then start up
evolution,
a few things aren't found (like my shortcuts.xml), but
most things, including my address book are! I don't
see a .evolution directory or file, is there another
place that a copy of these files or pointer to them
might be residing? I'm guessing that this problem is
actually at the root of my fixing the autocomplete by
overwriting the dysfunctional files with the correct
one.

The backends are still running holding a copy of the Address Book in
memory. Before moving your data, close the backends:

$ evolution --force-shutdown

Can anyone help me figure out where all of the
configuration information for evolution might be
hiding if it's not directly under the ~/evolution
directory?

Well, if autocompletion does not trigger (remember, at least 3 chars),
check your settings:

 Tools / Settings / Folder Settings / Autocompletion Folders

HTH

...guenther

My last 2 upgrades of Evolution 1.4.5 also did not have the
autocompletion working as it should.  Go to setting -> folder settings->
autocompletion folders.  It should say "Contacts" in "Local Folders".
Unfortunately, even if this is there the autocompletion may not work.

Remove the the entry and then add in exactly the same entry. Then auto
completion works as it should.  This may not work in your case, but I am
2 for 2 using this method.

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
rsanford telusplanet net   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01