Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [Evolution] address autocomplete broken in my 1.4.5 build

Excellent!

Doing the --force-shutdown didn't help matters (though
it did allow me to start with a clean addressbook,
autocomplete was still broken.

I checked my autocomplete settings (I hadn't realized
that was a setting at all), and found that my contacts
were already set up to be autocompleted. Deleting the
contacts entry however, then adding it again, brought
autocomplete back to life.

Thanks so much, this problem has been bugging me since
the upgrade. Evolution just became a ton more useful
for me.

-Kevin

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
--- Begin Message ---

1 - address autocomplete works if I create a new
'test' user and start evolution from scratch.

2 - if I move my own  ~/evolution directory to
~/oldevolution, or ~/crap , and then start up
evolution,
a few things aren't found (like my shortcuts.xml), but
most things, including my address book are! I don't
see a .evolution directory or file, is there another
place that a copy of these files or pointer to them
might be residing? I'm guessing that this problem is
actually at the root of my fixing the autocomplete by
overwriting the dysfunctional files with the correct
one.

The backends are still running holding a copy of the Address Book in
memory. Before moving your data, close the backends:

$ evolution --force-shutdown

Can anyone help me figure out where all of the
configuration information for evolution might be
hiding if it's not directly under the ~/evolution
directory?

Well, if autocompletion does not trigger (remember, at least 3 chars),
check your settings:

 Tools / Settings / Folder Settings / Autocompletion Folders

HTH

...guenther

--- End Message ---