Re: [Evolution] Focus policy - sending urls to firefox

I realize this is likely a Gnome issue and appologise in advance for
that. I am hoping someone has already dealt with it inside of Evolution.
I am running Evolution 1.4.3 with KDE 3.2 and Firefox (Firebird 0.8 :-).
I have no problem getting firefox to display web pages from Evolution,
but I can't get the focus policy to behaviour as I want (keep browser in
background and keep focus on Evolution).

From my experience, this is an issue with Mozilla (Firebird shares the
same code). The script I post here frequently will open an URL in a new
tab.

However, it seems Mozilla does not recognize the -noraise option. I
haven't found a way yet to control this behavior. The Mozilla window
gets to the front, but does not have the focus.

At best, this is an issue with the window manager. But it seems
unlikely, as you get the same results with your KDE window manager. As
this is reproducable with calling it from a console, I don't think it is
a Gnome issue in any way.

$ mozilla -remote 'openURL(gnome.org, new-tab)'

For more infos about the remote commands, see:
 http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html
 http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html

I know the browser is set to stay in the background when tabs are opened
from anywhere (other browser windows, other applications, and
observation of clipboard), but launching a url from Evolution always
pops it to the front. Thunderbird behaves the way I expect/want it to so
I suspect it has to do with Gnome or Evolution.

What's that setting in detail? How is Mozilla/Firebird called?

...guenther