Re: [Evolution] Email with wrong charsets

V Pá, 30. 01. 2004 v 11:07, Lars Bungum píše:
I'm on a Norwegian mailing list where a lot of mail is sent with another
charset than what it says in the header (this affects our special
characters æøåÆÅØ, and is therefore a nuisance).  The header says
charset=iso-8859-1, but the email is usually not displayed correctly
until I choose utf-8 manually.

Happening to me sometimes (with Czech characters). I'm using Evo 1.4.5
and connecting to corporate IMAP account.

Problem is that e-mails are OK at server side, it gets a bit messed
after it arrives to my ~/evolution/mail/imap/<account>/folders/INBOX
folder.

There are files for IMAP messages, working as cache (AFAIK).  From
reason not known to me some of them are divided into two parts (I have a
file called 2814. for one message and then two files - 2834.HEADER and
2834.1 - for another message).

Charset is OK in .HEADER file and the .1 file definitely uses it.
Problem is that the .1 file gets converted into UTF-8 during display
phase and there we have mismatch (charset=xxx in header, UTF-8 in
message body).

Some of this mail is sent by Outlook.  Now I don't think just letting
people know about this will help (they probably don't know what's
wrong).  Therefore I ask if there is some general cause of wrong charset
headers, or usual way to fix this problem, or does one have to upgrade?

I did as well and found out it was not mistake at their side. Try to
check e-mails on your mail server (if you can do so), maybe they're
OK...

I have not found solution to problem above, if there's someone with a
clue, let us know :-)

Thanks

--
Ludek