Re: [Evolution] Multiple POP accounts, one inbox?????

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 18:13, Bob James wrote:
POP is also the default for the vast majority of regular users. While I
recognize that the attitude of many elitists is that such users are
somehow lesser beings, its not an attitude that will survive much
longer, given the plans for Linux in general and Evolution in particular
to penetrate areas that Windows has long been king: the home market and
the SMB sector.
It being the default is an unfortunate reality caused by attitudes like
yours.  It *is* better, and it has nothing to do with being 'elitist'.
It's a better protocol than needs to be more widely adapted, and the
original reply made that clear.  It wasn't really that inappropriate,
though I would probably have worded it differently knowing that people
of your nature do frequent this list.  If you are offended by the term
'luser' then I think you need to take a step back, because you will hear
much worse during your adventures posting and reading online.

So enjoy your attitude while you can. Once Novell/SuSE/Ximian starts
reaching out to more of those markets, the less tolerance they will have
for responses like yours in what is, after all, an "official" support
forum.
I think you are forgetting that the attitude you are being so critical
of is the one that created the software you are now using.  Technical
merit is the number one drive behind Linux (at least in it's origin,
just ask Linus).  I use Linux because it's better.  I use IMAP (when
possible) because it's better.

Also keep in mind that if you actually want *official* support, you
should buy it from Ximian, not expect volunteers to answer your
questions on this list.  If you aren't interested in paying for help,
get ready to deal with some things you might not like.

Aaron