[Evolution] inbox_problem

Hello everyone,

My Evolution e-mail inbox has been corrupted. It might be because it was too big or because my 2 yr old son pushed the red button on the office power bar while it was running. With help, I renamed the file (old_inbox) and started a new one that works. But, I get the following error when I try to read messages in the old inbox: Failed to get lock using Fcntl(2): Resource temporarily unavailable. I re-indexed the old one but that didn't solve the problem. I also re-installed Evolution and that didn't help. I've concluded that there's something in the old inbox (until now I hadn't realized that the inbox in just one great big file), but how do I find and removed this things that's causing the error? I can search that file using grep, and read old messages in an editor so it isn't completely useless. But I'd like to make it Evolution friendly again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

John Taylor
University of Victoria