Re: [Evolution] lost pop3 password

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 20:14, emnej wrote:
I forgot the pop3 password of one of my email accounts. It's still
stored in Evolution 1.4 but in an encrypted form. Is there any way to
decrypt it?

Well, if you're not using an SSL connection, it may be possible to
retrieve the password using a packet sniffer like tcpdump or ethereal.

If you want to read from the config file 1.4... well... all I can say is
you can go to a certain folder that has an xml file... you just need how
to play hex and base-64 decoding. It not really complicated if you know
your way through those two. It's so simple you can figure it out without
looking at the source code.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong gmail com

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!
http://getfirefox.com